Before we get started, let’s review some general information about benefit enrollment eligibility.
Who is eligible to enroll in benefits?
Uplift employees who regularly work 10 or more hours per week are eligible to enroll on one of the available TRS-ActiveCare medical plans. These employees are eligible for medical insurance only, and will not receive State or Uplift subsidies on the premium cost.
Employees who regularly work 30 or more hours per week have access to a robust selection of products, including TRS-ActiveCare medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Cancer Protection, Hospital Indemnity, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Flexible Spending Accounts. Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance will be provided to these employees at no cost (100% paid by Uplift!).
When can I enroll in benefits?
Each benefit-eligible employee has three periods during which he/she can enroll in or change benefit coverage:
- New Hire Period: Each new employee has thirty (30) days from the start date listed on his/her offer letter to enroll in benefits.
- Open Enrollment Period: All Uplift employees are able to enroll in or change benefit elections during Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment begins in mid-July and ends in early-August each year, with the new benefit coverage being effective as of September 1.
- Qualifying Event Period: Whenever an employee has a qualifying life event (i.e. birth, marriage, divorce, death, loss of other coverage, etc.), he/she will also have a thirty (30) day window (starting from the date of the event) to change benefit coverage.
When do my benefits begin?
|New Hire||Open Enrollment||Qualifying Event|
|Medical: Start date, or first of the month following hire||Medical: Sept 1||Medical: on Qualifying Event date or the first of the month following the event|
|Employer-Paid: First of the month following hire||Employer-Paid: N/A||Employer-Paid: N/A|
|Employee-Paid: First of the month following thirty (30) days of employment||Employee-Paid: Sept 1||Employee-Paid: on Qualifying Event date or the first of the month following the event|
- Medical: TRS-ActiveCare/SWHP
- Employer-paid: Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance,
- Employee-paid: All other benefits (Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance products, Flexible Spending, and HSA)